Tell New Mexico to Allow Motorsports to Resume
DON’T DELAY! Please contact New Mexico’s leaders and ask them to support the New Mexico Motorsports Coalition’s plan to safely resume racing.
You may use the following points in your message:
- The New Mexico Motorsports Coalition (NMMC) has put forth a plan to safely allow racing to resume statewide.
- NMMC’s proposal allows motorsports to safely operate under Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham’s reopening plan for the state.
- NMMC’s plan allows residents to enjoy racing in their communities instead of traveling to neighboring states that have already implemented similar guidelines.
- New Mexico has a rich motorsports tradition and is home to 16 racetracks and the businesses and enthusiasts that support them.
- The safe resumption of racing would provide desperately needed economic stimulus to New Mexico and a morale boost to its residents.
Overview: The New Mexico Motorsports Coalition (NMMC), a group comprised of racing facilities across New Mexico, has submitted a comprehensive plan to Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham that would allow motorsports to safely resume statewide. As it stands, New Mexico residents must travel to neighboring states in order to enjoy racing.
Dear SEMA Action Network (SAN): Recent world events have impacted us all. Rest assured, the SAN will continue to be the voice of auto enthusiasts in state capitols and Washington, DC. With your help, we’ve already achieved several triumphs this year—thank you! Meantime, SEMA is working to safeguard our hobby so we can continue to pursue our passion. For updates, news and resources, please visit SEMA.org/coronavirus. Ignited We Stand!