Canada and the United States have their fair share of differences, but what separates Canada from the United States isn’t nearly as significant as the similarities that unite them.
One of those similarities is a love of cars, racing and the car culture. It is that bond that brought the SAN to Canada in 2007 and is the reason we work with great organizations, such as the National Association of Automobile Clubs of Canada (NAACC), to promote and protect the hobby there.
The SAN remains dedicated to supporting the Canadian car hobby, and we will continue to look for opportunities to make a difference for enthusiasts north of the border. Please encourage all your Canadian friends and car club members to join the SEMA Action Network (SAN).
The Canadian Legislative and Regulatory Roundup is a comprehensive listing of legislation and regulations, both current and from years past, that impact the automotive hobby in Canada.
- Quebec Seeks to Initiate Emissions Inspection Program
- SAN Comments on Nova Scotia Proposal to Regulate Altered-Height Vehicles – May 2011
- Prince Edward Island Nitrous Oxide - December 2010
- Canada Lead-Fuel Exemption for Competition Vehicles – August 2010
- Environment Canada Proposes Indefinite Exemption for Leaded Gasoline In Competition Vehicles – January 2010
- The SAN Races North: SAN Supports Leaded- Fuel Exemption for Race Vehicles in Canada – February 2010
- Saskatchewan Postpones Implementation of Raised Vehicle Regulation – January 2010
- Saskatchewan Considers Raised Vehicle Regulation - October 2009
- Environment Canada Delays Restriction on Leaded Fuel for Competition Motor Vehicles: Leaded Fuel Ban on Hold for One Year - June 2008
- SAN Members Rally Against Leaded Fuel Ban Environment Canada Proposal Threatens Competition Motor Vehicles - March 2008
- Our Allies to the North: SAN Links With National Association of Antique Automobile Clubs of Canada Corporation to Support Canadian Hobbyists - January 2008
- SEMA Successful in Amending Ontario, Canada Performance Equipment Bill - December 2003
- Ontario "Street Racing" Legislation Overreaches – February 2003