West Virginia Introduces Bill to Protect Motorsports Venues from Nuisance Claims
DON’T DELAY! Please contact the members of the Senate Judiciary Committee to request support for S.B. 602:
You may use the following points in your message:
- S.B. 602 protects motorsports venues which have been in operation for more than one year from nuisance claims.
- S.B. 602 allows for motorsports venues to reasonably expand without the fear of a nuisance lawsuit.
- S.B. 602 recognizes the important economic and civic value that motorsports can provide to the state.
- S.B. 602 provides security for owners to freely operate their venues.
- S.B. 602 acknowledges that motorsports represent an important part of preserving the technological achievements and cultural heritage of the United States.
Overview: West Virginia has introduced SAN-supported legislation (S.B. 602) to protect motorsports venues which have been in operation for more than one year from nuisance claims. The bill also applies to motorsports venues that are making a reasonable expansion. The bill awaits consideration in the Senate Judiciary Committee.