URGENT LEGISLATIVE ALERT
West Virginia Bill Would Provide Special Plates for Collector Vehicles
Legislation (H.B. 4265) to provide for the issuance of special plates for use on collector vehicles and allow for the transfer of the special plates temporarily between the collector motor vehicles owned by the collector was introduced in West Virginia. Delegate Gary Howell, the sponsor of the bill, indicates that most cars 25-years old and older will qualify for the collector plates. The bill will be considered by the House Roads and Transportation Committee.
We Urge You to Contact All Members of the House Roads and Transportation Committee (Contact Info Below) Immediately To Request Their Support for H.B. 4265
- H.B. 4265 defines a “Collector motor vehicle” as a motor vehicle that is a restricted and limited use vehicle which is a unique commodity having a current monetary value in excess of similar make and model vehicles. Collector vehicles may not be driven in excess of the maximum mileage permitted by the terms of a valid limited use motor vehicle insurance policy.
- H.B. 4265 provides that motor vehicle collectors may not offer for sale more than four motor vehicles at any specific time.
- H.B. 4265 provides that collector plates may be used by the motor vehicle collector for the sole purpose of transporting or moving motor vehicles either titled or purchased by the collector.
- H.B. 4265 provides that a collector may operate collector vehicles on the streets and highways without registering each collector motor vehicle if the vehicle displays the special plate.
- H.B. 4265 provides that special collector plates shall be valid for a period of one year or portion of one year and that the annual fee is $100 for the first plate and $50 for each additional special plate issued, not to exceed a total of five plates.
DON’T DELAY! Please contact members of the West Virginia House Roads and Transportation Committee immediately to request their support of H.B. 4265.
Please e-mail a copy of your letter to Steve McDonald at firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, please forward this Alert to your fellow car enthusiasts. Urge them to join the SAN and help defend the hobby! Thank you for your assistance.
West Virginia House Roads and Transportation Committee
To e-mail all Committee members, copy and paste the email address block below:
email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com