New Jersey Introduces Single Plate Bill
DON’T DELAY! Please contact the members of the Senate Transportation Committee immediately to request support for S. 2355:
You may use the following points in your message:
- S. 2355 allows the display of only a single, rear-mounted license plate for all passenger vehicles.
- S. 2355 saves money, conserves resources and brings the state in line with other states that have moved to a single plate requirement.
- S. 2355 protects the aesthetic contours of cars and relieves vehicle owners of the burden of having to create mounting holes on original bumpers.
- S. 2355 accommodates classic and special-interest vehicles, many of which are not originally equipped with a designated place to display a front plate.
- S. 2355 allows greater performance and styling equipment options for automotive enthusiasts in the state and the industry supporting their hobby.
Overview: New Jersey has introduced SAN-supported legislation (S. 2355) to allow the display of only a single, rear-mounted license plate for all passenger vehicles. Under current law vehicles must display two license plates. The bill awaits consideration in the Senate Transportation Committee.