DON’T DELAY! Please request support for L.B. 53 immediately from the Nebraska State Legislature by emailing now:
You may use the following points in your message:
- Special interest motor vehicle means a motor vehicle of any age which is being collected, preserved, restored, or maintained by the owner as a leisure pursuit and not used for general transportation of persons or cargo.
- L.B. 53 would protect the aesthetic contours of certain vehicles and relieve vehicle owners of the burden and expense of having to create mounting holes on some original bumpers.
- L.B. 53 provides that a license decal would be issued with the single license plate and would be displayed on the driver's side of the windshield.
- L.B. 53 provides that owners who request a single license plate and license decal would be charged an additional annual nonrefundable fee of $100 in addition to the cost of the decal. It is not required that vehicle owners request a single plate.
- L.B. 53, if enacted into law, would take effect on January 1, 2017.
Overview: Legislation (L.B. 53) to provide for the issuance (for an annual $100 fee) of a single license plate for passenger cars which were not originally equipped with a bracket on the front of the vehicle to display a plate was amended and now awaits a final vote by the Nebraska State Legislature. The bill also allows special interest vehicles that use the special interest vehicle license plate to run a single plate